Problem with Motorola sat receiver

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Dennis Tester, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Dennis Tester

I have a Motorola Dsr500 HD satellite receiver hooked up to a Panny 53t REAR PROJECTION. The problem that I am having is I seem to always and on every channel have a vertical line near the center of the panny. I tried to change my component cables and still there ? I really see it when the screen fades to black or there is a dark scene . ANY IDEAS ????

2. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

There is a thread I started over in the TV section on this, although it was a while back. Sorry I don't have a link, but if you search "Panny" and "Vertical Line" I bet you will find it.

My brother has a 47" Panny RPTV, and has that problem with a Motorola Cable box. Panny has had a tech to his house, as has the cable company. The box, and cables have been swapped, but no joy. It only appears on HD signals, but Panny has no clue.

There are a couple similar threads at HTSopt and AVS forum. It appears to be the TV, but no solution was every identified.

BGL

3. Dennis Tester

Hey thanks for the response Brian ..That sucks hope someone figures this out ... Can this burn in the screen and be a permanent line ?????

4. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

Well, I would doubt it would do damage, but its a real fork in the eye once you know its there.

I think I read that reducing contrast a bit, and making sure that the black level was set right would help, but it still should not be there.

Its been many months since I first became aware of this, so I have my doubts about a fix. My bro has given up on harassing Panny, which is unfortunate. I would have been all over them until they did something to sort this out.

BGL

5. Dennis Tester

Yea it does get on my nerves..Thanks for the reply Brian...