What's new

Problem with Monster HTS5100 (1 Viewer)

Bryant_M

Auditioning
I just set up my new Monster HTS5100. Last night everything was fine. Today I fire up the system and the "Clean Power On" light is no longer illuminated. No matter what I do the "Clean Power" indicator light won't come on. All other indicator light appear to be functioning properly. Has anyone else run into this? Monster has no published info on their web site and the manual does not address troubleshooting for this. Thank you in advance.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
don't know myself...it makes one suspect all kind of things that may not be. possible bad connection...try tapping gently or just return it if you bought it locally.

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
How long have you had it? If you can't get a response back from Monster I would suggest returning it.

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit
Has anyone else run into this?
Yes, I have.

A car hit a utility pole and knocked out the power. When the power came back on, I noticed the blue light wasn't on. I unplugged it, then plugged it back in. No blue light. I took it back to the dealer and it was exchanged for another. So far no problems.

Bryant_M

Auditioning
Thank you all for your insight.
It's not like there are a whole lot of things one can do with these units. I tried unplugging everything, letting it rest, trying differet switching combinations - nothing.
I'll be calling Monster tomorrow.

Bryant_M

Auditioning
Spoke with my Monster rep this morning..
They stated that they have identified a bad lot of the HTS5100's go out that had problems with just the LED for the "Clean Power" circuit. He stated that the problem was only with the LED indicator and not with the Clean Power circuitry itself - the LED would go out but the Clean power circuit would still be working.
I am sending back my unit and they are replacing it.

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit
They stated that they have identified a bad lot of the HTS5100's go out that had problems with just the LED for the "Clean Power" circuit. He stated that the problem was only with the LED indicator and not with the Clean Power circuitry itself - the LED would go out but the Clean power circuit would still be working.
Interesting.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks