What's new

Problem with Madman's Buck Rogers set (1 Viewer)

Hey, everyone, I just got that Buck Rogers in the 25th Century set from Australia, and I'm having a problem getting the theatrical version of the pilot film to play. I go to the episode list menu and I can select it, but nothing happens after. The other episodes on that disc are playing fine. Has anyone else had this problem? I do have an older Region A player; could that be the problem, even though these discs are supposed to be region-free?

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Is the theatrical version encoded as 50 interlaced frames per second?

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Hm. So it sounds like it IS a player issue than...

There is also the TV to be considered. Even if a player can output PAL the display has to be able to handle it as well. The work around for an NTSC only display is if your player can convert the PAL to NTSC. Some do, some don't. I had a DVD player once that could handle PAL to NTSC conversion through component out, not HDMI.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Oppo players do.

I don't remember ever trying it and since I put the module inside I don't feel like taking things apart to experiment, It handles 1080/50 material out of the box like many US players, but I don't think I ever tried playing any PAL from a Bluray. I know there are some firmware mods/Superdisc that can open up some material, but I never thought about trying it on a native OPPO.

If I get bored this week, maybe I'll try my UK Doctor Who sets and see what happens

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks