Problem with HK AVR 100

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Greg Walker, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Greg Walker

Greg Walker Stunt Coordinator

My AVR 100 is about 5 years old and I have always been very happy with the sound. However, this morning I turned on my TV and the sound immediatly began cutting in and out at about 2 second intervals. At first I thought it was the satelite receiver which is connected to the AVR using analog cables. I tried my digital coax connection between the sat. and the avr and although the display registered a signal there was no sound at all. I then turned on my DVD player and again, no sound at all using my optical cable. When I used my 6 channel analog inputs from the DVD to the AVR everything was fine. I switched the AVR between sources a few times but no change. So, I left the AVR running with the 6ch. input for about 45 minutes. When I came back, everything was fine. Oh, neither my universal remote or the HK remote would control the AVR. I had to do everything on the front of the unit.

Is my AVR 100 dying after only 5 short years? I really like this unit and don't really want to buy another right now. Does anyone know what is going on? I don't want to be bringing this back and forth to the repair people because it is an intermitant problem.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

2. Greg Walker

Greg Walker Stunt Coordinator

Hasn't anyone seen this happen before?

The locks on my van, motor on my treadmill, docking station for my camera, heater on my fishtank, and the DVD I bought last weekend have all broke in the last two weeks.[​IMG] Now with this I am thinking I am completely jinxed. Please tell me that I am not the only one in the world that this has ever happened to!?![​IMG]

3. Steve Adams

Steve Adams Second Unit

Your not unlucky! Your lucky you got 5 years out of it.

H/K products are notorious for dying. hope you have better luck soon....sounds like the bad luck is running out.