What's new

problem with HDMI Cable (1 Viewer)

artizin

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian
I know compared to most of you guys I have a pretty low end system but for me it's awesome.

for the last year I've been enjoying my Sony home theatre system that has 5.1 surround, and a myriad of features. And a year or so before that I inheirited a nice but heavy Sony KV WEGA 32HS420 that goes very well with my home theatre system.
Recently I decided to get an HDMI cable to hook the DVD player do the TV. I noticed a difference right away in picture quality over the yello RCA cable I was using before.

But my problem is this while watching the first movie with the new cable installed the picture started to jump a little and it's intermittent, but regular. I'd say it jumps about every 20 seconds. With a fast action movie where the camera moves alot you really don't notice it too much but in other movies it's pretty noticible.

And I didn't have this problem with my standard video cable from the DVD player to the TV.

And I bought a cheapo HDMI cable off of Amazon that was like $3.00 and then like 3 dollars for shipping.

Could a cheap cable be my problem?

Any input is greatly appreciated. :confused:

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Not sure about the HDMI cable, but usually they either work or they don't. A hiccup every 20 seconds is weird, unless it's trying to sync ever twenty seconds and that channel is flawed. $3 is pretty hceap though, so that sounds suspicious.

But here's an alternate fix - with a 32 inch screen and a non-HD DVD player you don't really need HDMI. Try using a component cable (red/green/blue). The yellow cable you were using was a very low end composite cable. For your purposes the component and HDMI will give equal performance. Also they're cheap and and simplistic (so they have no syncing issues).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thebox
Recent bookmarks