Problem with H/K 325 Multiroom use

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by brandon*b, Dec 22, 2003.

1. brandon*b

brandon*b Extra

I recently installed 2 outside speakers to my H/K 325 which has multi-room capabilities. I can get the speakers to play the FM tuner, but can't get a CD to play. I've tried different settings and even the DVD source, but still nothing. Does anyone have any ideas?

2. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

You have to use the analog connection between your DVD/CD player and the receiver. Using the digital connection (digital coax cable or Toslink cable) will not allow your CDs to be played in zone 2.

3. Greg Thomas

Greg Thomas Second Unit

Yep, just plug in some analog cables to your CD player input on the receiver. You can still use the digital cable, but not for zone 2.

4. brandon*b

brandon*b Extra

yeah, that works. Thanks guys. Why doesn't the digital connection work?

5. Greg Thomas

Greg Thomas Second Unit

Digital processing only works in the main area. I think they would have had to add a second digital processor in order for it to work in the multizone area. So I guess it would be more expensive? And since you only run two channel stereo in the 2nd zone, you really don't need multichannel processing there.

All the receivers I'm familiar with work the same way.

6. BrianCli

BrianCli Agent

I have the same problem with my H/K 525! SO if you have analog cables and a digital cable connected at the same time for the CD input, the main room will use the digital and the secondary room will use the analog?

The H/K manual did not mention this at ALL in the multiroom setup section.

Thanks for your help!

Brian

7. Greg Thomas

Greg Thomas Second Unit

Yes, second room sources all must use analog connections. If you have a digital cable already connected and configured for CD input, the main will use digital and second room will use analog.

No, the manual did not mention this. Good thing we have discussion boards to resolve these issues.