Problem With DVD Profiler

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Porter, Jan 12, 2002.

1. Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter Supporting Actor

I saw how everyone has their collections neatly organized with this software program so I downloaded but everytime I try to open it says that it's unable to open the DVD profiler database and asks me whether I want to repair it or not and either one I choose it tells me it can't open it and the program will flash for a 1/64 of a second and closes. Can someone help me?

~Kevin

2. Patrick_S

Patrick_S Producer
    Supporter

Try reinstalling the program.

Once you have it running and loaded with all your data make certain to back it up.

3. Roby Adams

Roby Adams Stunt Coordinator

4. Mark_Wilson

Mark_Wilson Screenwriter

Download the stand alone Database Repair Tool on their web site. Then run it. Its always worked for me when the 'built in' repair tool wouldn't.

5. Patrick_J

Patrick_J Agent

Or you could just do away with the software installs, reinstalls and database fixes and go to
    http://dvdaficionado.com .
    An unpaid endorsement!
    -pjc

6. Jay Taylor

Jay Taylor Supporting Actor

Patrick J,

The primary reason I use DVD Profiler is the great customizable reports it generates. I learned from other HTF members to print a full-page color report on every DVD I own & put them in document protectors in large binders.

My favorite report is the “Fullpage Shutterbug”, which prints out in color the front & back cover of the DVD, the actors, a movie synopsis, & other data on the movie. The two 4” thick binders I have with these printouts make for great perusing by my guests & family when trying to decide what movie to watch.

I checked out dvdaficionado.com but couldn’t find a similar report capability. Can it print out a full-page report on each DVD? It appears to me that dvdaficionado.com is just a marketing tool for companies like amazon.com to sell you DVD’s rather than a great report generator like DVD Profiler.

Jay Taylor

7. Vincent Matis

Vincent Matis Second Unit

Might sounds as a weird question but do you use Outlook 2000? I encountered the same problem as you when DVDProfiler and Outlook 2000 were opened at the same time. When I closed Outlook before launching DVDProfiler, I never had any problem... [​IMG]
    Vincent