What's new

Problem with DTS track on THE CONTENDER (1 Viewer)

BrianKM

Stunt Coordinator
When watching The Contender in DTS, there is an intermittent, high-pitched squeeking sound. It is in the upper frequency range, but annoying nevertheless. Switching to DD eliminates the squeeking, but I would rather listen to the DTS track. I've probably played 10-12 DTS tracks without ever encountering this noise. Has anyone else had this problem with The Contender or do I have some weird hardware issue?

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
What player and receiver are you using?
Dan
------------------
Stop HDCP and 5C-- Your rights are at risk!

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Played it awhile back in DTS and did not encounter the problem you describe. For reference the DVD player was a Panny RP91 and the receiver was a Denon 5800.
Patrick
------------------
My DVD Collection

BrianKM

Stunt Coordinator
Toshiba SD-1600 -> Onkyo 595 -> Norh 4.0s
Assuming it is a hardware issue
frown.gif
, what kind of problem would it actually be?
[EDIT] So, when I turn down the volume 10 notches, the problem almost goes away (once every thirty minutes as opposed to three times every minute). Does that mean I was at the limit of my receiver's abilities?
[Edited last by BrianKM on September 25, 2001 at 09:05 PM]
[Edited last by BrianKM on September 26, 2001 at 02:12 AM]

Jeff Hipps

Stunt Coordinator
I believe there are some known issues with DTS decoding and Onkyo receivers--especially if you're using Re-EQ at the same time. I recommend you contact Onkyo customer service and ask them.
Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks