What's new

Problem with Dish 6000 and 480P broadcasts (1 Viewer)

Robert_M

Auditioning
I currently have the Dish 6000 receiver with the 8VSB and find that all SD programming and 1080i look just fine, but it's stations broadcasting in 480P or 720P that I have problems with. When I view one of the stations broadcasting in the above formats I get jagged edges around all the objects. While the resolution and color look fine, it is impossible to watch.
I have sent e-mails to Dish to find out what is wrong, but haven't heard back yet. Has anyone else noticed the same? I think it has something to do with the upconvert to 1080i for the component output in HD mode. If I switch to SD mode using an S-Video connection, the channels look fine.
Thanks.
Robert

Patrick Bennett

Stunt Coordinator
I don't recall having problems with the 480p broadcasts, but the local ABC station that broadcasts in 720p gives me the same problems you've described. The picture is awful.
If I set it to output at 720p, then it looks much better, but the picture stops and pixellates often (even though I have a 90% signal strength).
I too sent an email to Dish (about 2 weeks ago) that I've yet to receive a reply for.
------------------
The Bennett Home Theater: Link Removed

Robert_M

Auditioning
I have it for both. Now if the same station upconverts it to 1080i, it looks fine. This is the case with many programs on KTLA here in L.A.
I wish my TV accepted 720P so I could see if ABC comes in better, but it only accepts 480i, 480P and 1080i. If I switch the 6000 to 720P, my picture goes away completely and I can here the relay for the component inputs switching off in my TV.
Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks