1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with disc 1 of HIGHLANDER: THE SERIES

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert Floto, Feb 12, 2002.

1. Robert Floto

Robert Floto Supporting Actor

I was watching the first disc of the Highlander: The Series season one set last night, and it freezes up on the third episode (Path Not Taken) when MacLeod is driving around in his Thunderbird during the music montage.
    Does anyone else have this problem? Or is it just a bad disc?

2. Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson Cinematographer

I have the same problem on just about every disc. I thought it was my player because they did better when I played them on the one in my bedroom. But since these discs are the only ones that are doing it I have a feeling it's not my player anymore. Also they never do it in the same spot. I just leave them alone and they start playing after a few seconds.

3. Gerry A

Gerry A Agent

On a Highlander mailing list I'm on, several people have reported similar problems on their discs as well...

4. Frank Anderson

Looks like it's time to make a call.

5. Frank Anderson

Called them and told them I bought the season set. Guy asked me "are you having problems with a disc?" before I said anything else. He told me to return any for an exchange. ALL of them are boxed up and will go back tomorrow.

6. Robert Floto

Robert Floto Supporting Actor

Frank,
    Did he actually say send back any that have problems? Or will I have to send the entire set back even if only one disc is bad?
    So far I have gone though three of them, and just that first one had a problem...

7. Frank Anderson

Robert,
    He said send back any. I am just to lazy to go thru all my disks to see which ones were messing up so I sent them all back, If I remember at least 5 were messing up at one point or another anyway.