Problem with Denon DVM-1815.. Help?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Joe.K, Sep 27, 2004.

1. Joe.K

Joe.K Auditioning

Went out this morning and bought a DVM-1815. Well, I got it home, hooked it up, and on The Fellowship of the Ring, it isn't a true 16:9 movie. So, naturally I get the black lines. Well, on the top, and the bottom where the black lines start, inside the picture about a 1/4 inch in, there is a black stripe. It's not REALLY noticeable, but it's annoying none the less. It looks terrible.

Anyone else experience this? or heard of it?

Thanks!

2. John S

John S Producer

How is it connected? Are you sure you have it feeding the display 480p? More information please.

3. Joe.K

Joe.K Auditioning

After reading your post, I went back and checked, everything is hooked up correctly. I also played another movie, and lines don't seem to be on the Bad Boys II DVD, or Matrix Revolutions. Just seems it's the LoTR DVD, thus far.

With that said, this DVD is quite nice, what an amazing difference in picture quality versus my Panasonic.

4. John S

John S Producer

Hmm, My Lord of this Rings set, has decent video. Not as good as some, but pretty good.

I'm glad, it is not as much of an issue as you 1st thought though for sure.

5. Joe.K

Joe.K Auditioning

Yeah, it turned out after reading the book, I had to flick the interlace switching to progressive, and some other things. Overreacted a bit I guess.

I can't believe Panasonic won't fix my DVD player for free. I found probably 10-12 cases of the H07 code or H02 code, the dead motor code on this site. Along with searching through review sites around the net, I found more then 8 different DVD players that have gotten the H07 or H02. I emailed Panasonic, but it's quite a disturbing thing.

Anyway, thanks John. =)

6. John S

John S Producer

I sort of thought so on the Pscan somehow not being on.
    Most players don't output it by default, some do though.