Problem with Criterion blu rays?

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
The USPS has really dragged their feet on my package.

It was shipped on August 27th, put into the USPS system on the 29th, and as of September 17th, I still don’t have my replacement copY.

It sat (not moving at all) in their New Jersey Distribution Center for nine whole days. Then it sat in the Bridgeview IL facility for another nine days (also not moving).

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Thanks guys for this thread. My LADY VANISHES only gets past the Criterion "C" before locking up. My 39 STEPS plays fine, though.

mcash007

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
Received my two replacement discs from Criterion! It only took about 2 weeks from me sending them out and getting the replacements. They even emailed a tracking number. Great customer service

Reactions: JohnMor

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
They can't, unless they re-acquire the rights. (Which may be happening for the StudioCanal titles. Unfortunately for me, this does not include Howards End).

So far the only OOP titles some people have problem discs for are Howards End and Pierrot le fou.
The Criterion of Howards End was a terrifically flawed disc, wrong framing, color banding, edge effects. The re-reissue from the Cohen Media Group is superior and should be your go to replacement for this catalog title. It looks spectacular!!!

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
The USPS has really dragged their feet on my package.

It was shipped on August 27th, put into the USPS system on the 29th, and as of September 17th, I still don’t have my replacement copY.

It sat (not moving at all) in their New Jersey Distribution Center for nine whole days. Then it sat in the Bridgeview IL facility for another nine days (also not moving).
So, my copy arrived yesterday.

It must have been going by train and disappeared for part of the journey.

So I can whistle a happy tune now that it’s here

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
The Criterion of Howards End was a terrifically flawed disc, wrong framing, color banding, edge effects. The re-reissue from the Cohen Media Group is superior and should be your go to replacement for this catalog title. It looks spectacular!!!
Criterion ended up being able to offer replacement disc for Howards End after all, and I've been more than happy with it for several years now, but thanks.

Reactions: Mark Cappelletty

cda1143

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
If you contact Criterion, they will give you instructions for obtaining a replacement. Basically, you mail them just the disc (not the case or book) with an explanation of what is the problem and they will send you another copy.
... :thumbsup:
Does this apply to titles which they issued but that are no longer in their catalog?

Thank you

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xero Tolerance