Problem with Cowboy Bebop disc 1

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric Alderson, Feb 8, 2002.

1. Eric Alderson

Eric Alderson Stunt Coordinator

I just picked up a new DVD player. It's a Pioneer DV-440. For some reason it fails to read disc 1 in the series. It makes a clicking sound when it try’s to read it. All my other Bebop discs play fine on it. I should also mention that disc 1 works fine on my PS2, PC, and my older Toshiba 3109. Does anyone here in this forum have the same problem with the Pioneer DV-440?

2. Clint

Clint Stunt Coordinator

I had a similar problem with Cowboy Bebop disc 1 on my Sony DVP-S7000. Sometimes it would play sometimes it wouldn't. But it played fine on my brother's newer DVD player and also played fine on my laptop.

Anyway when I sold my individual Bebops and finally got the Perfect Sessions Collection, the disc 1 from that set plays flawlessly everytime.

My assumption here is there was a problem with the old disc, that somehow the new disc rectified. If you still have your receipt I would suggest that you get it exchanged if you can and give it a go.

3. Kong Chang

Kong Chang Screenwriter

Bandai USA's early DVDs had problem with certain players, especially Pioneer, Phillips, Samsung and others. Since then, they've switched DVD Authoring companies and everything is handy dandy.

4. Eric Alderson

Eric Alderson Stunt Coordinator

Good to hear that they fixed the disc. I bought it quite a while back so I don't have a receipt. This is where friends in retail come into play. [​IMG]

5. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Most places will except same title trade-ins anyway, because htey know it's unlikely you stole it.

6. Jose Q

Jose Q Stunt Coordinator

I had problems on my launch PS2 playing Bandai discs like Cowboy Bebop and Escaflowne. Funny thing is that they worked in the beginning but then they stopped working.

Anyways, I upgraded the drivers in my PS2 with the Sony remote and so far it plays all discs (even new ones) fine.

7. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I got the Perfect Sessions box, so I never had any problems.