What's new

Problem with color scan lines from DVD (1 Viewer)

Perry W

Auditioning
I have a toshiba 3205 and I'm having problems with colored scan lines running horizontally across the screen. I have DVD connected to a Denon 3801, then to a Sony Wega (not xbr) with fairly inexpensive component cables.
Scan lines do not appear on all DVD's (non copy right protected). Also, if I use S-Video, lines do not appear. I have connected DVD directly to TV with component cable, and still have colored scan lines. I also have a playstation 2, and the lines appear with it using component cables to Reciever and directly to TV as well. No lines with playstation 2 using s-video either.
My question is, is this a matter of copy protection, or poor shielding in component cable, or both. Any suggestion as to what else may be causing this, and possible solutions.
Thanks,
Perry

Perry W

Auditioning
Thanks allan,
They are smooth horizontal lines that vary in thinkness and color. Like a red line, or green line across the screen. sometimes a millimeter think, sometimes a couple of inches thick. They also sometimes move up and down the screen. This happens with both Toshiba and PS2 using component cable, but not S-Video

Jeremy Peake

Auditioning
I have same problem. Using a different DVD player, but I too have a Sony Wega. 36fs12.

I've noticed also that if you hook anything up to the composite inputs on the set, and then watch a DVD using the component in's, you get a vertical line, 1 " thick, light colored that scrolls from left to right and loops continuously.

Sony's suck a$$.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks