What's new

Problem with choppy playback on RP56 (1 Viewer)

Matt Heebner

Stunt Coordinator
First time that I've had a problem with my Panny RP56. I was watching LOTR:Extended Edition today and I noticed very choppy playback, like it was dropping frames or something right from the beginning of the movie. I turned the player off, and on and replayed it and it didn't do it. I then turned it off and on again and it did it again. It's very choppy but the sound is fine. The disc has no smudges or dirt, and I just watched it like 2 weeks ago with out any problems.

Anyone had this happen? Is my player going? I havent seen it happen with any other disc's, but my LOTR is clean as can be. What would cause it to play back so choppy, but the sound be perfect ?

Matt

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
try a different disc...perhaps that one is defective??

best of luck

gregg

Matt Heebner

Stunt Coordinator
I thought of that but it seems to be happening intermittently, I just watched it a couple of weeks ago and it didn't happen. I was demo-ing my sysem for a guy, and Matrix and Gladiator were just fine. Only LOTR "stuttered" and was choppy. I am going to try it today and see if it does it again.
I am perplexed.

Matt

Matt Heebner

Stunt Coordinator
I have just noticed that this is happening on the DTS track of the disk....and is totally fine with the Dolby Digital track. I don't think this is a good thing. Time for a new player I wonder. I will have to try some different dts discs to see if it continues.

Matt

David Susilo

Screenwriter
yep! mine have the exact same problem. It'll gradually worsen. I used my RP-56 for 2 years and watched more than 1000 movies though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks