What's new

Problem With Buffy Season One... Opinions? (1 Viewer)

Heinz W

Second Unit
My wife started watching these the other day and just tried to put on Disc 3, but it won't play at all. No menus, no nothing... except "C13:00" flashes on my DVD players' menu screen. That is an error message on my machine.

I have a Sony S-360 which has never had a problem playing any disc. Even the seamless branching features on discs like T2: Ultimate Edition won't phase it. And other discs still work fine, even the other Buffy discs. No scratches on the disc either; this was the first time that its been in the deck!

I'm inclined to believe that I have a defective disc. Anyone else have a problem with Disc 3 of Buffy? Fortunately I still have my receipt so no worries there. What gives?

Mark Lee

Second Unit
My Sony 9000ES did the same thing with disc 3 -- closely inspecting the disc, I might have seen a teeny-weeny speck of dust, which upon blowing off, seemed to correct the problem. Strange that my player seemed to be ultra-sensitive with that disc as opposed to others. Or it may still be some glitchy spot on the disc that the player sometimes tracks, sometimes doesn't. Maybe I'll spin it up later and see....

Ken Stuart

Second Unit
Almost exact same problem with Disc Three on a Toshiba player...

... Start playback, big pixelation (like a dish during a thunderstorm). Removed disk, cleaned off dust, reinserted, and it played fine.

Heinz W

Second Unit
There were no visible defects on my original Disc 3, it just wouldn't play at all. I exchanged the set where I bought it and now the third disc plays fine.

Judging from Mark and Ken's posts, and my experience with it, it appears that there may be a bad run of Disc 3 of Buffy out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks