What's new

Problem with Benq Pb6100 ... cable issue? (1 Viewer)

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Hey folks;

It's good to know lots of us are enjoying this Projector.

I hooked up a composite cable to my 6100, the picture looked good, the deinterlacer was pretty smooth but not extremely sharp.

Now I'm using the component VGA(through the infocus converter) from an older Toshiba 2200 DVD player using home made component cables. The component cables are made from RG-6 cable terminated with RCA centerr pin connectors(see link below).

http://www.rca.com/product/viewdetai...00233,00.html?

The big problem is my brightness is WAY up. I watched Schindlers list last night and there are no details in the brighter scenes where light reflects off of skin, a wall or anything.

using the composite is looks good, moderatly sharp, good colours, and the brightness is controlled. Through VGA the colours are fantastic, sharpness is greatly improved, but the brightness is completly strange.

Could a problem with a cable affect brightness? or would that also affect the associated colour?

Has anybody else seen this problem?

When you press AUTO is there supposed to be anything that says it's doing anything? I don't even know if my does anything, I see no adjusments being made and no indication anything was done.

Thanks
Brent

P.s. Just for interest, I'm running my projector(maximum zoom) at about 13' onto an 85" diagonal BO cloth stretched over 2by2 pine and stapled.

P.P.s It's really time to upgrade my Toshiba, the Chroma upsampling error is really noticable at 85". I've also gotten a moire problem, but moving up to a progressive player should solve some of that.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I'm suprised that Nick hasn't rung in. Did I stump a few people? or do I ask difficult questions?

Did anybody notice a huge jump in brightness when switching from composite to component/VGA?

Brent

Greg Perkins

Auditioning
I have installed my 6100 with both component as well as composite cables connected. I have a Denon 1803 Amp and a LG combi DVD/VCR. The DVD section has component outputs and the VCR section has composite outputs, hence the use of both cables. If I am watching a DVD the amp switches the component signals on and composite off. If I am watching VCR or Satelite TV via a decoder the amp switches to composite.
The projector auto searches when I change between DVD and VCR. The reason I am rambling on is that I switch regularly between component and composite and there is no difference in brightness at all. I would look at the convertor or the output levels from the DVD player and not the projector.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks