Problem with BD-P1000. Please Help!

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by dkwammack, Sep 26, 2006.

1. dkwammack

dkwammack Auditioning

Sep 26, 2006

I recently purchased the Samsung player and hooked it up to my Denon 2807, which runs to a Sony 60A2000 (1080p SXRD).

When the player boots up, there are lines running through the screen and they do not go away until I power down the unit and unhook the HDMI.

Not gloating, but I have a HD-A1 and a DirecTV HD-DVR hooked up to the Denon (the BD player replaced the DVR), so I know it is not my Denon.

I have to do this cable reset every.single.time. I want to watch a movie....and I am close to giving up and returning it and waiting on the Sony deck. Of course, I bought four movies that I cant return....

Samsung's tech support was useless, as to be expected. They wanted to blame my Denon...but I told them the 2807 supports HDCP and passes 1080p. Should I swap it out and get a new one?

Please help! Does anyone else have problems running through their receivers?
  2. Dave_P.

Dave_P. Supporting Actor

May 20, 1999
    Is your HDMI indicator on the front panel lit? I have the Sammy running through HDMI on my Denon 4806 and it's working perfectly.