Problem with Background noise in long cable run

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by David+H, Jan 25, 2006.

1. David+H

David+H Extra

I have a Directv PVR HR10-250 that I am component vid/composite video out thru a powered splitter. I have only had it split to two tvs that were on a 25 and 50 foot run. I just added a third run of 100 feet(all cabling came from monoprice). The new run has a lot of static noise in the background. I played with swapping the inputs to the tv and outputs on the switcher to make sure it wasn’t a bad outlet and that didn’t solve the prob. So the only thing left is something wrong with the cable or it being too long of a run. Anyone have an idea if which prob it might be? I do have another 100 foot cable I haven’t tried yet but hate to have to rerun it if the prob is the length.

That is the switcher I am using(cables to go product #41065) and it says it will support runs up to 150 feet no prob. Thanks for any help.

2. Paul_C

Paul_C Stunt Coordinator

Are the cables withing 2 feet of regular electrical runs?

If they are and they run parallel for any length this could be introducing the noise you are experiencing.

Other than that, the cable could be the issue.

Good luck,

Paul.