What's new

Problem with Adire PR need advice.. (1 Viewer)

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
quote: quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...the Shiva is very loud although It does not seem to be as detailed as my Velo. The shiva is sending out a very thick stream of bass that gives it a muddy sound.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyone else care to comment about that ?[/quote]
If you read the thread, you'll see how the PR wasn't operating correctly, hence the sound. It was a comment on the PR, not the Shiva,as such.

Jones_Rush

Stunt Coordinator
You'll have to forgive me, but for 3 days now I "swim" in black wood paint, brushing my sealed shiva box. I guess the fumes made me unstable...

DanWiggins

Second Unit
Robert,
We'll have more Shivas in stock on July 16th. We discovered a problem with the the last batch of dustcaps, and are having them expedited to build new production.
Thanks,
Dan Wiggins
Adire Audio

Jones_Rush

Stunt Coordinator
Dan,
Have you sent anyone a driver from this last batch ?
Have you discovered the problem right at the beginning ?
How should I know mine is ok ?
(the fumes again)

DanWiggins

Second Unit
Jones,
Problem found before construction of the drivers. No defective drivers were shipped.
Dan Wiggins
Adire Audio

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
Robert, once you get the new PR and Shiva hooked up I think you might say that it will beat the HGS. If the temporary sealed sub sounded that good wait until you hear it in the PR alignment! Play that same music with the 24.6Hz note in it and I think you might hear a big difference.
I'm not saying that the sealed design is bad by any means, just that the output at that frequency with a PR design will be a bit higher. :)
------------------AOL Instant Messenger Name: kyler70

I am looking forward to it! I am also building an enclosure for use with the vent that I purchased. I am having to do my own design on it since I will be using it as an end table. I am still in the design phase trying to keep it as close to a vented EBS alignment as possible. I am going to use 1.5" thick MDF for the sides and top and then covered in hardwood cherry on the sides and top. I am trying to devise a way to put a sand filled dampening system sandwhiched between teh MDF and the Cherry to prevent vibration on the top. Has anyone else tried this? I want it to look clean from the outside so I was going to build up the sides 1" higher than the top of the MDF and fill that part with 9 equal sized bags of sand so that it will help eliminate a lot of the vibration. Does anyone think this will work?
Robert Sloan
Shaken, Not stirred

Users who are viewing this thread