1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with 32inch Sony Trinitron

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Tedesco, Dec 1, 2002.

1. Chris Tedesco

Chris Tedesco Second Unit

I've had my 32 inch Sony for only about 2 years now and recently I've noticed problem. Whether I'm watching regular T.V. or watching a DVD, in the top portion of the screen I've noticed light when the screen is dark. It's almost like light is trying to get out. I'm pretty concerned because the T.V. is pretty new. Although it's not a WEGA, I'm wondering if anyone knows what this is?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

2. Joe Tilley

Joe Tilley Supporting Actor

Chris, is it the right side of the screen or just the top? The Sony's are known for having a brightness difference on the right side. My 36" XBR had it pretty bad when I first got it but a fix in the service menu took care of most of it to where it's no longer very noticeable.

3. Chris Tedesco

Chris Tedesco Second Unit

Joe,

I'm just noticing the top area. Since I watch most movies in Letterbox it's not that noticeable now, but I'm wondering if it will get worse.