Problem w/ X-files 4th season disc 3

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff_Krueger, Apr 27, 2002.

1. Jeff_Krueger

Jeff_Krueger Stunt Coordinator

Well last night after watching "Tunguska" and seeing "to be continued" come up on the screen I immediately went to put disc 3 in to see the conclusion and found that the disc is warped and will not play. Anyways I just bought this set about a week and a half ago, I don't have my receipt from Best Buy anymore nor do I have the plastic wrap or back piece of paper that has the UPC on it. Can I contact Fox and see if they will replace that disc or will I have to see if Best Buy will exchange it? And if it is possible to get Fox to replace the disc how do I get in contact with them?

2. Ian_H

Ian_H Supporting Actor

Your best bet is to try to find a place without a harsh return policy and see if you can return it there. Best Buy at least in my area are Nazis about returns. I tried to return an UNOPENED DVD without a receipt that I got as a gift and they refused. All I wanted to do is get store credit and they flat out refused me. I finally went to Borders and they took it back no problem.

-Ian

3. Jeff_Krueger

Jeff_Krueger Stunt Coordinator

Yeah but the problem I'm worried about is that I don't have the shrink wrap or the paper that is glued to the back of the box with the UPC code printed on it.

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Many places will let you exchange for same title. It you're exchanging for same title you probably didn't steal it [​IMG]

5. Dave_M

Dave_M Agent

David Martin
    I had a problem with one of the season 3 discs but I bought the set(shhh)used. I contacted Fox about purchasing just the 1 disc but you would have thought I asked them to explain atomic theory to me. After 3 calls, they finally told me to send the entire box insured to them in sunny Calif. Since it's only 1 episode that locks up and freezes and they won't let me buy 1 disc, I didn't do it. Here is the # I called: 1-888-223-2369. If you have better luck, please post.

Dave