What's new

Problem w/ Behind Enemy Lines DVD audio? (1 Viewer)

Jim A. Banville

Supporting Actor
Listening to the 5.1 DD track, the center channel dialogue seemed low and distorted (yes, my speakers have been calibrated with AVIA) compared to the other channels. This was mainly near the beginning of the film. I had to turn it WAY up to understand what they were saying and then then FX blew me away! The situation got much better as the film progressed. Maybe it's just the mix? I'll try to compare the DTS version tomorrow. I'll also check my center speaker to make sure its working 100% and is still calibrated with the other speakers.

M

MaxY

I will say that on the DTS soundtrack, I suffered one major sound dropout and I have never had a sound dropout on my current setup.

Max

Jeff

Supporting Actor
Just for the record, I did not have this problem with the center speaker. This was with DTS.

Jeff

AndyDL

Stunt Coordinator
I rented this DVD last night, and I too had the same problem. (on the DTS track) At first I changed my dynamic range setting on my Yamaha receiver, and that usually works, but it didn't.

So I switched over to the Dolby Digital track, and the sound was more balanced. Definitely some kind of mixing problem.

Andy

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Watched this twice, once in dd and once in dts. While I had no center channel problems or sound drop outs, this is one where I prefer the dd track over the dts track.
Peace Out~:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks