Problem w/ Behind Enemy Lines DVD audio?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jim A. Banville, Apr 24, 2002.

1. Jim A. Banville

Jim A. Banville Supporting Actor

Listening to the 5.1 DD track, the center channel dialogue seemed low and distorted (yes, my speakers have been calibrated with AVIA) compared to the other channels. This was mainly near the beginning of the film. I had to turn it WAY up to understand what they were saying and then then FX blew me away! The situation got much better as the film progressed. Maybe it's just the mix? I'll try to compare the DTS version tomorrow. I'll also check my center speaker to make sure its working 100% and is still calibrated with the other speakers.

2. Scott Simonian

Scott Simonian Screenwriter

Excessive Dialnorm maybe?

3. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    I noticed this as well. I think it may have been to make the radio talk more authentic.

4. MaxY

MaxY Guest

I will say that on the DTS soundtrack, I suffered one major sound dropout and I have never had a sound dropout on my current setup.

Max

5. Jeff

Jeff Supporting Actor

Just for the record, I did not have this problem with the center speaker. This was with DTS.

Jeff

6. AndyDL

AndyDL Stunt Coordinator

I rented this DVD last night, and I too had the same problem. (on the DTS track) At first I changed my dynamic range setting on my Yamaha receiver, and that usually works, but it didn't.

So I switched over to the Dolby Digital track, and the sound was more balanced. Definitely some kind of mixing problem.

Andy

7. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Watched this twice, once in dd and once in dts. While I had no center channel problems or sound drop outs, this is one where I prefer the dd track over the dts track.
    Peace Out~[​IMG]