What's new

Problem streaming 3D content from Verizon Fios (1 Viewer)

SportsME23

Auditioning
Real Name
Marc
Just purchased my first 3D LED TV (Sharp LC60LE847U) and trying to watch HBO 3D content through Fios. It is showing up as Side-by-Side 3D and when I put the 3D glasses on (yes, active) I still see two side-by-side images of the same movie (each is slightly 3D). Are the glasses not working? The light is on. Any ideas?
:confused:
Yes I am a newbie and I have no idea what I'm doing. Sorry to be a moron but I don't know where else to go. Please help. Thanks!

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Welcome to HTF, Marc! I'm curious as to what you find out. I have FiOS and an older DVR that does not support 3D, but have a 3D TV and am curious to see what kind of 3D content FiOS is broadcasting. I've heard the Olympics Opening Ceremonies will be broadcast in 3D, and would like to see that. All I need is the right receiver...

Strummer2

Auditioning
Real Name
Aaron
Marc - Just saw your post about side by side 3D. You need to go to the menu on your TV (not your cable menu, the Sharp TV menu). Under "Setup", there should be a "3D Settings" option. Change it to "side by side" and your TV will correct the picture. You will probably need to change it back when you are done though. This is how it works with my Panasonic.

SportsME23

Auditioning
Real Name
Marc
Thanks everyone. I figured it out- basically the TV needs to be told in which form the 3D content is being shown. This particular movie was being broadcasted in side by side, so I did have to select that option to view it (and it was awesome)
But for the record, fios does NOT have a lot of 3d content. and Apple TV has zero. I was not expecting it to be this difficult to get 3D content.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
What channel is HBO 3D? Are there other 3D channels on FiOS?

strider56

Auditioning
Real Name
Ken
The Vudu selection is pretty good, but they're all for purchase not rental. Anyone know of a place to rent 3D movies?

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
No, but I finally found the HBO and Starz VOD channels on FiOS that offered 3D movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks