What's new

Problem in 16:9 mode on phillips tv (1 Viewer)

I have a Phillips 32pt81s, its a flat tube tv. When I change from 4:3 to 16:9 when watching dvds I can see three lines at the top of the tv, one green, one blue, and one red.

Is this normal, or is there something wrong with the tv.

Also, my tvs autolock already has a 4 digit code, is there anyway to erase this and put in a new one, thanks

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
You want to look for some electronic matting controls, possibly named "vertical blanking [something or other]". THey would be most likely found in service menus.
If you find more than one such control, turn the brightness way down and turn the contrast way up (so all the scan lines stand out but not to the point where anything appears vividly bright). Make small adjustments to see if scan lines get lopped off the top and bottom and sooner or later the offending lines should disappear. Now lower the contrast and raise the brightness back to where you calibrated them.
Otherwise you will have to live with the problem or make cardboard mattes.
Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
About your autolock, try checking in the users manual, the factory might default it to like 1234 or something like that... its a long shot, but sometimes they do...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks