What's new

problem importing .pst file into outlook (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hi all -

i can't import a .pst file that created last night back into my pc. when i try, i get the following error:

properties for this information service must be defined prior to use

and then it tells me my file isn't a .pst file. what's weird is i created another .pst and i can import that one with no issues.

any ideas?

it figures that it's my fiance's .pst file that i can't import. if you want to save my pending marriage you'll help me out! :)

thanks!

BrianML

Auditioning
One thing you can check is on the properties of the pst file and make sure it is not read only. Happens when you burn it to a cd. Give it a shot.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
thx brian, but the file is not read-only. i went to the microsoft website and when i put in that error, the only solution was the one you suggested.

as it turns out, i told my fiancee she may want to backup any important emails -- which she did. :emoji_thumbsup: :D

so, i'm (more or less) out of the dog-house.

but i still want to know...if nothing else then for my own edification.

Jim Williams

Second Unit
Is this the same version of Outlook? If the versions are different you can sometimes run into this problem. Even if they are the same versions, if one was set to "corporate" and the other set to "internet" or vice versa, you can run into this problem.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
yep, it's the same version (2002). it's setup as corporate since she and i like to keep our emails separate.

what's odd is my other pst backups reimported fine. it's just her one file that won't work. it is significantly larger then my file though. hers is around 50mb, mine is only around 10. but i can't imagine that would make a diff?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks