What's new

Problem Connecting Panasonic Blue-Ray Player & Ethernet (1 Viewer)

Troy EB

Grip
I purchased a Panasonic Blu-ray Player DMP-BD60, and I am having problems with the Ethernet connection. I was able to use the Viera Link for about an hour and even viewed videos on YouTube. Then all of a sudden, I started getting a "can not connect to network error". When I do the network test on the Pansonic player, it passes. All of the IP addresses seem to match. I have the blue-ray player hooked to my Comcast Linksys router using a long ethernet cable. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong? I would appreciate any advice. I don't understand why the Viera link would work perfect for an hour and then NOTHING! I really bought this player so my family could enjoy YouTube videos on the television.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I own the BD60 also, but I don't use those extras. Are you using the newest 2.2 firmware? If not, you need to update it. That could be your problem.

Troy EB

Grip
Thanks for the response Jim Mcc. Everything started working the next day after I posted. I did not change anything. I did update to the new 2.2 firmware. I just hope everything continues working. I am very pleased with this blue ray DVD player!!

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I did not change anything. I did update to the new 2.2 firmware.

Actually, updating the firmware does count as a "changing something."

(Says the help desk guy who is invariably told "I didn't change anything" only to discover that the user did a firmware update, software upgrade or replaced a video card two hours into troubleshooting a problem.)

Glad you were able to find the help you needed here on the HTF. Kudos to Jim.

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hack