What's new

Problem Booting Up GameCube (1 Viewer)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I've been having this problem for the last six months or so, although at the beginning it happened very in-frequently. When I start up my GC, it freezes during the loading screen (the first one with the cubes forming the letter G). It used to only happen every once and a while, but lately I have to power on/off/on like 20 times before it loads the game. Any idea what this problem is? Should I contact Nintendo?

Thanks in advance...

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
If you still have a warranty for it take it back right now. Sounds like it has flakey ram that doesn't load while booting. Needless to say you will need to either replace it or have it fixed.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Okay, I checked Nintendo's website, and I'm not in the warranty period anymore, since I bought mine all the way back at launch. Any idea if this I can fix this myself. I'm a computer geek, and know my way around the insides of computers. I just don't want to pay 75 bucks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks