problem after HD-5 upgrade

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Faf, Dec 6, 2001.

1. John Faf

John Faf Auditioning

Dec 25, 2000
    I am hoping you can help me out. I had the upgrade to my hd-5 the other night and now I am having problems.
    After the upgrade I noticed that I lost my cbs and wb digital staions. our cbs station has an analog version, 3-1 (cbs digital) and 3-2 (wb digital). now all I get is the analog station 3 on each of them 3, 3-1 and 3-2. I checked the local channel list and it shows that 3-1 and 3-2 are digital but it doesn't broadcast that way. I also tried to manually enter channel 3-1 (channel 50). If I check the signal strenght I get a good solid 100 but when I try to capture it I get a message that it is a local analog station. I tried to reboot the unit. sat-action-power and that didn't help. I tried to rescan the channels and it doesn't change. it still tells me that the stations are digital yet when I go to view them I get the analog station on all 3 channels. My other digital stations come in fine (abc and nbc).
    This all happend since the upgrade so I hope someone has some ideas of what I can try or who would be people to call (directv or Mits)
    I did a little experimenting tonight and this is what I found out. If I go to the dish setup menu and clear the zip code It will also clear all of my local stations. I can then scan the channels and It will capture all of my stations correctly. The only problem with this is that I have no guide for them. If I then go back to the dish setup and enter my zip code the stations revert back to where I get the analog station on 3, 3-1 and 3-2 but then I have the guide available (the guide will have the correct programming for the 3 stations except the 3 stations show the same program).
    any ideas?
    thanks in advance
    [email protected]
  2. SpenceJT

SpenceJT Second Unit

Jul 31, 2000
    Jeff Spencer

I'm on Madison's West side and have no problem with either 3-1, or 3-2.

What the heck is hd-5? Is it Direct TV or something?