Probe

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Mark Lemmond, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Mark Lemmond

Mark Lemmond Stunt Coordinator

Anyone else remember this show starring Parker Stevenson and created by Isaac Asimov? I want this on dvd but it is way down in the rankings on tvshowsondvd.com so I don't think I'll be seeing it soon.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094529/

2. Anthony W

Anthony W Auditioning

Oh, yeah, loved this show. Austin James, super genius. I was a Parker Stevenson fan since his Hardy Boys days.

I think I only didnt like 2 of them... the A.P.E. over You one (when the oragatang being mind boosted ends up being the culprit behind the killings, picking it up from TV mysteries and not realizing the difference between TV and reality) and the UFO one.

I wouldn't mind it hitting DVD, but i think it has major strikes against it. Parker doesnt have any major audience pull now, and the series only had a handful of eps made (5-8 i think). i doubt someone fishing for properties to put out on dvd would give it much credence, unless someone with a lot of pull that was involved with the show starts pushing for it.

When Sci Fi channel first started and they were running their "Sci Fi Collection" block weeknights, they would rerun shows, and a lot of them were series in the same boat... series that didnt make enough eps for syndication, no reruns, etc. They did air the Probe eps... too bad my VHS's haven't survived.

Since Sci Fi has now become tv movie land and has abandoned airing those "hadnt seen the light of day since they aired" type of shows... doesnt look good for series that didnt even last a year.

3. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

Put another person who loved the show, and was disappointed that there were so few. (If I remember correctly, this show was one of the victims of a writer's strike.)

I also don't have much hope that it will see DVD because there are so few of them, and not too many people know about this show. Personally, I thought it was a pretty clever show.

Jason

4. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I taped this show years ago when Scifi channel actually showed old scifi shows and not b-horror movies.