Probably getting another set of Titans for surrounds, questions about v2 vs v3.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Justin Ward, Feb 5, 2003.

1. Justin Ward

Justin Ward Supporting Actor

Jun 6, 2002
    I have pretty much decided to just spend the little bit extra to get another set of Titans over the smaller Atoms. The dealer can get me V.3 Titans for $230(CAD).

Right now I am running v2 Titan mains and a v3 CC170. If I bought the v3 Titans would it be wise to mount them in front and move the v2s to the back? This is what I am thinking: 1) Although the differences between v2 and 3 are probably small going with all v3s in the front will certainly not make the timbre match any worse if not a slight improvement 2) Using the v3s as mains will let me break them in faster?

So what do you think? Move v2s to surrounds or no difference?
  2. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Aug 19, 2002
    MOst likely no difference, I THINK that the change between V3 and V2 was merely small cosmetic and manufacturing tweaks, not any sonic changes (could be wrong). Either way, it doesn't hurt to move your older titans to the back does it? You'd have to break in your new ones anyway, which means hooking 'em up in the front for a while to give 'em a workout, so why not just leave the v3s in the front, and move the 2s to the back.