What's new

prob with new Malata 520 (1 Viewer)

Just arrived today, but i cant get any 'analog' audio. Dolby Digital works fine. It plays the following formats: cd, cdr, dvd, dvd-r, dvd-rw, mp3.

Audio plays fine on all of these, with the exception of the dvd-r/rw discs.

But i cant get any audio from my home made dvd-r or dvd-rw titles. On my toshiba SD-5700 i just click the 'audio' button, and toggle over to the PCM mode. With the Malata i get that nasty 'digital' distortion, which means the player is outputting a digital stream.

The 'audio' button on the 520 doesnt work on these discs, and i dont see an audio output setting in the menu screen.

Am i missing something?

thanks,

Winston

Well, after more testing...still no luck. I have the Malata 520 connected to an outboard D/A via coax and fiber optic digital cable.

For some reason it WONT convert the signal from my DVD-R/RW titles to analog format. All i get is the horrible digital stream.

I've tried a few regular DVD titles that have an 'uncompressed pcm' track, and they all work fine.

Gonna have to return the Malata if i cant get this to work.

Win

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks