What's new

Proac Response 2.5 Clone is Complete (1 Viewer)

Kevin Deacon

Second Unit
I have been listening to my newly assembled Proac 2.5 clones for a few days. To be honest, I am surprised! These diy's are smooth, detailed, musical, and have alot of bass for only 7" drivers. I have taken my subwoofer off line and am satisfied with the low end. I don't have much experience with high-end speakers so I can't compare to anything, but they kill my diy Audax A652 mtm kit.
I also compared them to the GR Research AV1's, although I know this is not a fair comparison for frequency response, but they sound much nicer than the AV1's even though the AV1's image as well as the Proac 2.5's. The Proac 2.5's throw a soundstage that is wide and deep and they disappear on good recordings.
If you are interested in a high-end design, give these speakers some serious consideration. The details are at: http://www.geocities.com/diyproac25/
I think all parts excluding the boxes have cost me around $600.00
I you are in the Phoenix Arizona area I would be glad to audition these speakers for you. Send me an email:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks