What's new

Pro-logic receiver with sub out ??? (1 Viewer)

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
I've got a freind with a bizarre situation. He has a Teac receiver, model AG-V8500. I could hardly find anything more than a picture on some random russian site. Well, the receiver has Pro-logic, but it apparently also has a sub-out jack(rca). :confused: I was baffled, I assumed only digital receivers would have this. I almost dont beleive him, but i can't exactly go over and check it out at the moment. Could this be true? How would a pro-logic receiver have a subwoofer output? He says it also has a center output. I don't see how it could have pre-amp outputs? Any ideas? OR perhaps someone knows something/could find some more info on this receiver? And how bad IS teac....my initial reaction was a profound EW.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I have a Sony Pro Logic Preamp with Sub aand center outs
The sub is not a discrete channel like DD but it doesnt sound bad for the bedroom

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Sub outs on prologic receivers is not as far fetched. I believe that most of them had the sub out. As Grant B on the receiver it's not discrete but all your bass is sent to the subs when connected.

Jim J

Second Unit
I've got a DPL Kenwood with sub-out and full pre-out main in. is THX by the way.

It is not that uncommon.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I am currently using a Technics Pro-Logic receiver with, hang on to your hats, TWO, sub outs.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Dolby Digital "ready" receievers more or less all had a preamp-sub out. Pre-DD receivers may or may not have this feature.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, 2 sub outs....shocking, isn't it? Granted, this was Technics then top-of-the-line receiver and in stereo mode, this receiver pumps out 120 watts/channel. I wonder what happens if I connect 2 of those much-talked-about SVS subs to this receiver??

DarrellP

Stunt Coordinator
I had a Yamaha Pro Logic receiver before upgrading to DD/DTS and it had a sub out that passed 250 hz and below. It also had 2 center channel speaker connections.

NickSP

Supporting Actor
I had the Denon AVR-3000 which had a sub out and connections for 2 center channel speakers too. Wish I'd hung on to that reciever :frowning:

DarrellP

Stunt Coordinator
I hung onto mine, I figured my daughter will need a receiver some day (she's only 6 now), but it will make a good one for a bedroom or as a second zone amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks