Pro-logic receiver with sub out ???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ChrisWiggles, Nov 3, 2002.

1. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

I've got a freind with a bizarre situation. He has a Teac receiver, model AG-V8500. I could hardly find anything more than a picture on some random russian site. Well, the receiver has Pro-logic, but it apparently also has a sub-out jack(rca). [​IMG] I was baffled, I assumed only digital receivers would have this. I almost dont beleive him, but i can't exactly go over and check it out at the moment. Could this be true? How would a pro-logic receiver have a subwoofer output? He says it also has a center output. I don't see how it could have pre-amp outputs? Any ideas? OR perhaps someone knows something/could find some more info on this receiver? And how bad IS teac....my initial reaction was a profound EW.

2. Grant B

Grant B Producer

I have a Sony Pro Logic Preamp with Sub aand center outs
    The sub is not a discrete channel like DD but it doesnt sound bad for the bedroom

3. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

Sub outs on prologic receivers is not as far fetched. I believe that most of them had the sub out. As Grant B on the receiver it's not discrete but all your bass is sent to the subs when connected.

4. Jim J

Jim J Second Unit

I've got a DPL Kenwood with sub-out and full pre-out main in. is THX by the way.

It is not that uncommon.

5. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

I am currently using a Technics Pro-Logic receiver with, hang on to your hats, TWO, sub outs.

6. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

Two sub outs on a prologic receiver, in the words of the mighty Seinfeld What's Up With That [​IMG]

7. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Dolby Digital "ready" receievers more or less all had a preamp-sub out. Pre-DD receivers may or may not have this feature.

8. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Yeah, 2 sub outs....shocking, isn't it? Granted, this was Technics then top-of-the-line receiver and in stereo mode, this receiver pumps out 120 watts/channel. I wonder what happens if I connect 2 of those much-talked-about SVS subs to this receiver??

9. DarrellP

DarrellP Stunt Coordinator

I had a Yamaha Pro Logic receiver before upgrading to DD/DTS and it had a sub out that passed 250 hz and below. It also had 2 center channel speaker connections.

10. NickSP

NickSP Supporting Actor

I had the Denon AVR-3000 which had a sub out and connections for 2 center channel speakers too. Wish I'd hung on to that reciever [​IMG]

11. DarrellP

DarrellP Stunt Coordinator

I hung onto mine, I figured my daughter will need a receiver some day (she's only 6 now), but it will make a good one for a bedroom or as a second zone amp.