What's new

Pro Logic 2 (1 Viewer)

NathanP

Supporting Actor
I'm looking for a cheap Pro-Logic 2 PROCESSOR without anything else.. just the basic processor..
Can anyone suggest a nice CHEAPER one...
Any suggestion or comments would be great..
What do you guys think of Pro-Logic 2???
Thanks,
Nathan

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I have not heard of any stand alone dpl-II processors.
DPL-II is not bad. A definite improvement over DPL, though not earth shattering...
------------------
All progress is based upon a universal, innate desire on the part of every organism,
to live beyond it's income.
ITRCA ** Link Removed (sorry, car guy)

Ugo Scarlata

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking for a cheap Pro-Logic 2 PROCESSOR without anything else.. just the basic processor..
I'm bumping this thread because I am looking for the exact same thing. :) Surely there must be such a device out there... somewhere?
------------------
[ http://ugo.scarlata.it/?pid=about&cid=3

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
No, I'm not aware of any current DPL II standalone processors. If there is such an animal, it's not being marketed very well...(no one seems to know about it??)
I disagree with John (at least from the perceived level of improvement standpoint.) IMO, it is a VERY big improvement over old Pro Logic. In fact, I upgraded both of my fairly modest systems to add DPL II.
90% of my music listening and TV viewing is 2 channel based. DPL II has raised 2 channel matrixed surround to another level for me!
------------------

Duane M Davis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Duane Davis
I recently had to replace my venerable Technics first generation Dolby Digital receiver and I didn't have too much money to work with, so I had to get a modest system. I got the Kenwood VR-507 with Dolby Prologic2 and I love it. DPL2 isn't quite 5.1, but it really is an improvement over most of the DSP gimmicks of most systems. The soundstage is wider without that annoying echo of "Concert Hall, Rock Hall, Disco, etc."
------------------
"Would you like to play spider with me?" ~Spider Baby

NathanP

Supporting Actor
I love upgrading my system!
Pro Logic 2 is another big upgrade!
Like most people I have a nice A/V reciever and don't want or need to buy another one.
So I just want a Pro Logic 2 processor I can add on..
Can anyone else tell us of any DPL2 processors????
Or when any will be released?
Thanks,
Nathan
------------------
"Fascinating Captian"
--Spock
Visit www.speedemenu.com

Phil M

Stunt Coordinator
What is the cheapest DPLII capable receiver with 5.1 outputs? (Kenwood??, Onkyo??) One could be used just for decoding DPLII then sending those signals into another receiver/pre-pro that has 5.1 inputs. It would also be a way to get some additional digital inputs.
Anyone thought of this?

Shade Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Even though their seems to be a lot of interest on this forum for such a product, I don't think their is enough interest for a manufatuer to design and market one and still make a profit. I don't ever expect to see one.

Kelly Scott Rickards

Stunt Coordinator
I can't believe I am the only one who has posted this sofar:
http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/Sou...fq5000p01.html
Here is an excerpt from the article:
"The Rockford Fosgate RFQ5000 ($400) is a transitional product designed to bridge the gap in mobile audio between stereo and full-blown, discrete-channel digital surround sound. It's an analog processor with stereo inputs that translates two Dolby Surround-encoded channels from a CD or DVD player, a cassette deck, or the radio into four channels using a Dolby Pro Logic II decoder devised by Jim Fosgate, the company founder."

Mike Sheahan

Stunt Coordinator
I've been giving Pro Logic II and Neo 6 a good testing lately, and I think PL II is just to center weighted. It may be my room or something, but in both cinema and especially in music mode I definitely prefer Neo 6 over PL II.
In fact I even prefer Neo 6 to Stereo for most music now.
I have the 3802, and Klipsch Reference speakers.

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
The Rockford RFQ5000 has been around for quite some time, but is a car audio product, so wouldn't be ideal for home theatre applications.
Fosgate Audionics' limited edition FAP-V1 DPLII-only processor would meet these needs, but as a tube-based member of Jim Fosgate Signature Series it isn't cheap at $7500.
Adam

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks