What's new

Pro Dynamics TX 1200 monitors (1 Viewer)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
A friend of mine recently purchased a pair of Pro Dynamics TX 1200 Platinum Series monitors. Does anyone know any history of the company or anything other than the specs shown on the website? More seriously, does anyome have any experience with Pro Dynamics to know the pros/cons? The MSRP on the monitors he purchased is $1099 ea.
They are a 3-way design with a horn tweeter and aluminum drivers.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Clinton,

To be honest with you any serious speaker company would not list specs like the ones listed on that website. A guy called me up at work one day asking if I'd heard of them. I told him no and asked him where he bought them. Turned out he got them from a guy selling them on the side of the road, similar to the van man speakers. It's a well known scam. My guess is that those speakers probably have about $75-100 in parts per pair. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Regards,

Dan Hine

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Thanks Dan. I figured as much when he told me he bought them new in the box from a guy he works with for $100 ea. I couldn't imagine any reputable company advertising the MSRP on the box. Also, there was no company information on the website, nor could I find any product reviews. Also, 50 oz (3.125 lbs) seems pretty light for a 12" driver.

I checked e-bay and it seems the going price for these is $165/pr... a far cry from the $1k/ea advertised on the box.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks