What's new

Private school dvd reannounced for March !!! (1 Viewer)

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
But will it be a movie only release, or will it have any extras, like the scenes from the longer TV cut. That actually plays better than the theatrical.

Or what about a Paula Abdul commentary for her choreographed workout scene?

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I dont get it, deep discount dvd, dvd empire, both have this up for preorder. But the place i preorder from, amazon.com doesnt have it. Anyone think they will eventually put it up? I really hate to have to put up credit card info, to another site just for 1 title !

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

Amazon is sure to have it. I don't even think there has been an official announcement yet. It is still in the rumor stages. Once it is officially announced, it will be on Amazon.

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Hopefully all original music will be intact when the DVD comes...

Funny that the prompter on Noel Black's commentary on the region 2 Pretty Poison did not mention Private School at all. ;-) I believe this was the last theatrical film directed by Black.

Private School co-star Michael Zorek (Bubba) later rode his young son to "fame" by having the boy photographed with as many celebrities as possible.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Youre probably right Jon, but i still cant see why most other sites have it up well over a week now, and amazon nothing yet.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

Although, has all the music EVER been intact? It seems every version you see has different music. The VHS, the pay cable, and the edited TV. Some don't even have the theme song.

The Rick Springfield song is always there though.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I dont mind song replacements, but if they cant even get the theme song on the dvd release, itll be ridiculous to even release it.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Still hasnt shown up as a preorder on amazon. Was dvd actives post not an official announcement ? Its up for preorder on most sites except amazon, i dont get it.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

I wouldn't worry about it not being posted until February. After what happened last time, I'm sure Amazon is just waiting for an official announcement, artwork, and all that, which I don't believe have been released.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Even universals official site for dvds acknowledges that this will be out march 6 , its really bugging me that amazon still doesnt list it. What the heck are they waiting for ?

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I think I finally found out why every dvd retail site on the net, has this up for preorder and yet amazon still hasnt.They are offering the title as an amazon unbox download, hopefully the first week of Febuary, theyll finally put the dvd up for preorder.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
If it wasnt bad enough that they didnt have it for preorder for the dvd yet, the download version on amazon has went up from 9.99 to 14.99 !!!The bad thing is the download version is only for U.S customers.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Amazon has removed the download version of private school, it says no longer available. Perhaps theyre getting ready to put a preorder up for the dvd ? Heres hoping !

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Well, I couldnt stand the suspense anymore, so i sent amazon an e mail asking, why they have yet to offer a preorder for the dvd.Ill let you guys know if they reply.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Anyone think theres a possibility, that this title could be cancelled again at the last minute ?Think about it for a second,the only place thats announced it so far was dvd active. Nothing at digital bits and all the other big dvd sites.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Found the announcement, it was announced on the bits on 11/28.No wonder I couldnt find it, I was checking the bits every day for their announcement from december and on.Anyway, ive given up waiting for amazon to put up a preorder , and ordered elsewhere online.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I think its now safe to say there is a 0% chance of this title getting cancelled again.After all its now only 3 weeks away ! We should start seeing dvd reviews popping up in a couple weeks.Itll be interesting to see if any music, or scenes are missing, getting it regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks