What's new

Private Practice season 2 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Anyone feel like slitting their wrists after watching the premiere? Dour.

Nice of Marti Noxon to throw Amy Acker a guest spot.

James_S

Second Unit
My wife loves the show and I caught a couple episodes last season and it was alright, but this opener was a pretty bad.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Incest storylines always produce the ickness.

Got a mild chuckles from Violet's defatilator treatment on her ass, which proved to be too enticing for even Pete.

The childish "hurt" display put on by Naomi was getting old.

Finally Coop spills the beans to Violet, that bit of subterfuge was also getting old.

Kadee Strickland (Charlotte) is getting too skinny.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Incest storylines may produce the ickness, but I always enjoy a well done story that makes me think about difficult decisions. I made it 2/3 of the way through the story thinking what do you do when you have two decent people who are married soul mates, who find out they are brother and sister? Then they take the easy way out and make it that one of them knew before they were married, making him the bad guy, making the breakup easier. Total cop out.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Yes, I thought it was a complete and total copout. This was a potentially interesting setup, that they didn't know at all until they were married. Then they had to make one of them a legitimate bad buy.

I thought the setup was interesting - too few clinics meant there were odds this could happen, and who knows, maybe they didn't second guess it that much. I thought it was a very interesting ethical debate that for the first time since the shows beginning was actually interesting.

Then they blow it up.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
The skill that some writers have that many don't give them credit for is that they have an intelligence that allows them to reason out things we sometimes don't have the ability or time/energy to reason out. They may also have the ability to look inwards and honestly explore the human experience. Given that, maybe this particular set of writers simply couldn't provide a satisfactory outcome, so they didn't. I certainly don't have one at hand. Would them walking off sterile into the sunset be the ending? Or maybe just deciding they want kids and breaking up for that reason while still romantically loving each other ("it'll take time to get over...") If it were Boston Legal, they might just stay together and go ahead with having sex with the hope that the baby will be OK, and saying "We'll deal with that if it happens" in response to the doctors asking "What will you do if you DO get pregnant with a Down's Baby?" Maybe with the slight undertone that they'll just abort babies until they get one that's OK.

Laying that out quickly, I don't know that anything I've said is really much more satisfying as a conclusion. Still, without coming up with something better, I was really let down with how they went. I'd rather not have seen the storyline at all, or maybe just send them out into the wild blue yonder without us knowing what they decided. Anything but the bad guy route they took.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Wow, I can't believe how suck-ass the season finale of Private Practice was tonight. I think I'm done with the show.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
The problem with this show is that you pretty much hate all the whiny, douche-bag characters, the stories aren't interesting, and while hot sex triangles work on some shows, on this show they seem creepy. Almost like Angela Landsbury in a Murder She Wrote gone way wrong.

But this season ended with a major thud.

The fact that this show will survive and shows like Dollhouse & Chuck are at serious risk proves insane people have the neilson boxes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks