Prisoner of Azkaban score

Discussion in 'Music' started by Adam Lenhardt, May 14, 2004.

1. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

AOl just posted a Listening Party for the Prisoner of Azkaban soundtrack.

I've got to say that I'm more than pleasantly surprised. After the first track rehash of Hedwig's Theme, so far it's been almost entirely new. John Williams hasn't rehashed from his other scores much either, least not the ones I'm familiar with. The tension building music almost has a '30s jazzy sound. (See the second track) Lot more of a Celtic influence, too. A more professional version of "Double Trouble" from the latest trailer.

2. Kirk Tsai

Kirk Tsai Screenwriter

This is so much fun. I thought the CoS score itself was more varied than the first one, but this one is much, much more diverse. I agree with Adam on the jazzy sound; it's as if Catch Me If You Can reignited Mr. Johnny Williams. Night Bus is so frantic good fun. Two new themes in Buckbreak's Flight and A Window of the Past are both classic Williams. Track two is probably my favorite of the whole bunch.

Two prominate themes from the past movies--Harry and Hogwart--are not featured in the album at all. I doubt that is true of the movie, but I would have liked a small dosage of them here.

Really enjoyed this one, probably my favorite of the three.

3. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I wish they'd release these and William's other works in hi-rez.

4. Neil S. Bulk

Neil S. Bulk Screenwriter

Neil S. Bulk
    You can get tons of information about this score here. (shameless plug [​IMG])

As for high-res Williams albums, there is a DVD-A of A.I and SA-CD's of E.T. and "Yo-Yo Ma Plays the Music of John Williams".

Neil