What's new

Prisoner: Cell Block H (1 Viewer)

Jerry R Colvin

Stunt Coordinator
I can't be the only one who loved this Australian soap opera shown in the U.S. in the early 1980s (also popular in England ten years later).

Just about the only remaining favorite of mine that hasn't been mentioned as a possible DVD release.

Has anybody heard anything about this?

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
There are some releases in Australia, but at least on HMV.com.au, they are marked as unavailable for shipment outside Australia.

I seem to remember reading something that the original title was simply "Prisoner," but the "in Cell Block H" was added when it was exported, to avoid confusion with McGoohan's "The Prisoner" series. Certainly the DVD releases in Australia are just called "Prisoner."

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I remember watching this growing up in Michigan. In the states, it was called, "Prisoner: Cell Block H', but we also picked up some Canadian stations across the border where it was called, "Caged Women". I'd buy it in a second.

topdog1

Auditioning
Real Name
Dwayne
This is my all time favorite show ever!!!! I have all 692 episodes on vhs,but would love them on dvd.I have the only 2 box sets that are available in North America.They have released the complete series in the UK and Australia and I want them to do the same here!Prisoner cell block h is a cult classic and no other show compares!

PCBHFan68

Auditioning
Real Name
Cassie
Hi there,

I bought quite a few episodes from someone over in the UK, which is how I was able to follow this show. I remember it being broadcast late at night when I was a teenager & am a devoted fan as well.

Anyway, since I moved a couple of years ago, I misplaced the party's address to purchase the remainder of the series, so was interested in buying some of the episodes from you that I need if possible. I have converted what I have so far to DVD & want to finish the series. I'm somewhere up to episode 400 or something.

Are your tapes in NTSC or PAL? How's the overall quality? Are they SP mode quality? I can convert the PAL tapes as I needed to do that to be able to watch the videos I purchased abroad.

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks