What's new

Prison Break Season 3 (2 Viewers)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
They could turn a negative into a positive and make the search for her into a story point for the show. That way, if they can convince her to return in a guest spot, the characters can find her. If they can't get her to return, they find a dead body.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
I was on the fence about tuning in again. This makes it easier: I'm out.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
That's not good. I'm really hoping this is just an extended maternity leave and not a writing-out; she more or less holds that show together.

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator
I've been a big Prison Break fan since episode 1 and even I'm starting to wonder how this season can really work. It's bad enough that he's back in prison, but now Michael doesn't have any real reason to keep going. Lincoln's free; the conspiracy's been revealed; there's nothing left to uncover. At least with the Sarah character, Michael had somebody to protect/fight for, but now there's not really much point for him escaping other than the fact that he's in prison (which let's face it, is a little hard to believe anyway at this point).

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i was out after the incredibly ludicrous s2 anyways, but this just makes it even easier to walk away. she's one of the hotter actresses on TV. too bad the show made her dress sensibly. :)

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Certainly that's a valid viewpoint, but one that I really disagree with. Prison Break was best during those first 13 weeks when the situational backdrop was farfetched but mostly plausible. Not common, but plausible. The second half of Season 1 was weaker, but overall OK. Season 2, however, was mostly weak with some OK moments mostly trading off the good will of Season 1.

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
This show is just good campy fun for me and the misses. I'm going to miss the good doc. She's one of the reasons I tuned in...

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I had expected them to escape after the first half of the season and I thought the second half of the season would be them clearing their names and the story would be over at the end of the season (a la 24). When that didn't happen, I just sat back and enjoyed the wackier elements of the show. I think there's some decent performances that really help the show too.

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
I didn't think they could pull off a 20-some-ep second season.

I do think they should have wrapped this up in two seasons and completed all of the various threads.

However, the show entertained me all of last season, and I'll give them the benefit of the doubt early on this season.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
The season 3 premiere was a little slow for my liking, I'd have liked them to get right into the action but it was decent setup.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yay, the fall season has begun. Doesn't feel right watching Prison Break without the expectation of Veronica Mars tomorrow, but we must move on. This was a pretty good episode, and I'm glad they are keeping Sara alive even if we don't see her. I hope Callies will come back when needed.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
My thoughts....

I agree with all of you that they should have ended Prison Break
last season. Going forward with another season is just plain
unnecessary given the fact that last season was weak enough.

Secondly, the biggest disappointment of the night was that it
wasn't Sarah's body in the morgue. Face it -- we all know
the actress isn't returning. It would have been best to just kill
her off instead of giving us a full season with an actress double
who we will continue to see from behind as she forever faces a wall.

Third, regarding Lincoln's dropped call with his son A.J. ....... he
must be an AT&T subscriber! Trust me, as an iPhone owner I know
about those dropped calls! :)

I'll be watching, but my anticipation for a great season is rather LOW.

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
I somewhat disagree Ron. While I agree to some extent that the show would have been better off ending after last season, ratings are decent for Fox standards and the show has a cult following so Fox had to renew for another go-around.
That being said, the setup for this season looks promising. I like that fact that they just aren't going to have Michael break out with his cohorts and then he and Lincoln will live happily ever after in Panama. There is something else going on here and it will probably get deeper and deeper as the season unfolds. The writers are going to work with what they have and come up with something creative.
I think it will be fun ride if you just accept it for what it is. It will never be up for an Emmy, that's for sure. But it is good campy escapism on a Monday evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks