What's new

Prison Break Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Joe_H

Screenwriter

The tattoo woman asked if she could have a picture in the first episode of season 1 and Scofield told her no.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Well, two weeks ago I spent 2 days straight crammin' through
Season ONE on DVD just to prepare myself for Season TWO.

Before I even talk about last night's episode...

Was Invasion cancelled? It seems so as William Fichtner is
now full-time with Prison Break. Invasion was a
horrible show (I wasted a full season watching it hoping for it to get
better), and I'm sort of glad that Fitcher is aboard as the FBI guy.
It's sort of funny how he gets typecast into roles of characters that
you don't exactly root for.

I never really noticed the replacement of the President's brother
as we never really got a good look at him in Season One, or at least,
I never paid attention. If this is the worst thing that has been done
to this season, it seems we are in pretty good shape.

Is it true the woman who plays the President has moved on and
that storyline will not be featured this season?

Anyhow....

Last night's episode was pretty darn good. I like the setup to
what will be a season of cat-and-mouse chases. This is also shaping
up to be a "It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World" chase to the big "W"
in Utah where where the money is hidden.

I am a bit concerned, however. Now that we are outside the prison
walls I hope the show doesn't simply turn into a "we almost got 'em
but they outsmarted us" formula week after week. The bad guys
can't always lose and as long as we get a few "surprises" like last
night it will keep the show more realistic.

Looking forward to this season!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Invasion was cancelled.

I guess Fox didn't think Prison Break was going to be a hit and didn't sign a few of the actors to longer-term contracts, so I doubt we'll see much of Terance or his sister (VP), now the President (because Patricia Wettig decided not not re-up for a second season of Prison Break, and went to go work on "Brothers and Sisters" with her husband Ken Olin). I didn't think Sara would have survived, but glad she did.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Pretty solid episode. Although I didn't understand why the episode didn't end with Veronica being killed. They could've gone out with a shock but then they wasted the surprise/cliffhanger by having two scenes that stated the obvious (the FBI guy talking about how he's gonna catch the escapees and Scofield and Linc saying how they're gonna escape).

EDIT: I liked the new escape shot that plays before the commercial. I'm glad that Tencradi is still around. I just hope Haywire and his football helmet make an appearance in the next episode.

Was it the same actress playing the tattoo artist again?

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
I thought the ending was awesome..

Scofield is finally "free". It was a great stylized slo-mo shot.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I'm pretty sure that yes it was the same actress as the tattoo artist.

Edit: Oh and for the record did anyone else who recently rewatched season 1 notice that they Lincoln's first execution is to take place on May 11, but then in episode 14 when it gets to be the day of the execution, there's snow on the ground? I realize that it was because of huge break and the fact that it was initially only ordered as 13 shows, but you'd think they'd just leave the date intentionally unknown.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
"Fish", I think, just means "new guy"; I think they stopped calling Scofield that when Tweener and Ben Franklin (heh) showed up.

John Swarce

Second Unit
Jason:

That was my point. "Fish" means new guy, and "Tweener" meant the white prisoners and the black prisoners didn't want any part of him, and he was between both groups. Teabag (I don't want to know where that nickname came from!) gave it to him in the episode he was introduced.

I know "why" the writers had Fichtner's character say it (as that is how he will be referred to in the show by the other escapees, and it helps the audience connect the name to a character), but it seemed odd that an FBI agent would put his nickname with his real name. Just a strange plot device!

I still love the show!

John

Joe_H

Screenwriter
One thing that would make sense with the VP (now president)'s actress not being on the show this season supposedly; with Veronica and Nick both out of the picture, do they even need her? I doubt much of the conspiracy will be uncovered this season, because Lincoln and Michael are on the run too much to do any of this.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Seems that the season premier fell short of expectations.

Click Here

The show better pick up steam or this may be the final season.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Well, Veronica was plainly too stupid to live. (On 24, Michelle was too hot!) And they intercepted her call to the sheriff, but let her call Lincoln? Or did he have the great timing to call her?

And while I noted at the end of last season that Sara was awfully blue when they found her, I thought the writers might warp reality and bring her back, and I'm OK with that. Did anyone notice the dots at the bottom of the message in the crane? Some kind of code?

Every week, they reveal new clues buried in the tattoo. My question: how will FBI guy know which one is the relevant for that episode?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't typically read the TV press. Is it common for them to talk openly about developments in already-aired episodes? I guess it makes sense, though it seems like an unnecessary disclosure in this case. I wonder how tonight's repeat will fare in the ratings.

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
According to USAToday, the ratings were comparable to the show's average ratings last season. I don't think that should be considered a letdown, serialized shows often have trouble building on their audiences...at least the show retained its audience.

Plus, it is pretty darn early for fall shows to be starting.

"24" was helped by healthy DVD sales of the first season. Of course, the DVD came out well in advance of the Season 2 premiere back in 2002. However, until "American Idol" came along, "24" regularly lost to the competition.

There wasn't that much lead time between the release of "Prison Break" on DVD and the season 2 premiere.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
THERE'S A PLAN
TO MAKE ALL
OF THIS RIGHT

... .. .. . .. .... ... ... .. ....
.... .. .. . ... . .. .. ... .
.. ... . ... ... . .. .

Any ideas?

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I thought it was morse code at first until I noticed that it was only dots, no dashes, so I have no clue.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Yes, I've seen that but it doesn't really seem like it's the right answer.

For one thing, why does the last row have 8 digits (or groups of dots) and the others 10? Wouldnt that mean you could just as easily align the bottom row to the right of the others and end up with (736) 568-8676?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks