What's new

Prison Break ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I never said it wasn't. What I said is the brother was the trigger for the events that led to her death.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.

He's convinced Sucre to do something really stupid, in essence throw away whatever chance at a future he may have.

He's also going to help free the mob guy, who in my opinion REALLY belongs in that prison.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
He may help free the mob guy. He plays things very close to the vest and it wouldn't surprise me at all that he finds a way of dealing with the mob guy when the time comes.

It's interesting to see the discussion of what unprovoked injustices are allowable in the context of attempting to prevent a greater injustice. There are probably philosophical differences that won't be bridged.

Every time I see a movie or TV show that presentes a team of people going an "extremely dangerous" rescue mission for one person, and one or more of them is killed in the process, I can't find any context that explains to me why the life of the rescued person is more important than the lives of those killed attempting the rescue.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
There isn't. But the people on the rescue team know the score, are not being manipulated, most likely can decide whether or not they want to put themselves in harm's way, and it is their chosen profession.

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor

So he shouldn't even bother to help his brother? Actually, it is the lawyer's probing that led to the woman's death. Should she also not probe any farther because more people may (and almost certainly will) get hurt.

I do agree on the Sucre issue to a point; but Michael does not have any control over Hector and Maria, and Sucre still made the decision on his own to come back into the plan.

At one point, he mentioned that they had to "take someone out" or was that about getting the key from the guard? I would have a problem if Michael was able to justify killing a prison guard or another inmate (provided it was not in self defense) to free his brother, as that would be saying that his brother's life is worth more than someone else's.

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor

he had to file the bolt down to a specific size in order to use it to turn the recessed screws in the toilet. The Circle tattoo let him know what size was correct otherwise it would have been trial and error.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
so the show's making it look like the lawyer's "partner" set her up. i'm thinking the simple fact that the show is doing this means he's not. they probably have a hidden camera or got her bugged or something?

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member

The 'take someone out' was in reference to having him break out to see which road the cops would come down. Remember they were talking about three names and they led us to believe that they were the names of people but they turned out to be the names of the roads around the prison.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
They set it up with the warden's conversation with the priest where, in reference to his illegitimate child, he asks the rhetorical question about "what kind of man sacrifices someone else just to make his own life a little easier?". It is to the producers' credit that they didn't show the warden brooding with this question re-playing in a "David Lynch's 'Dune'"-style ethereal audio track in his head just before pulling the turnabout.

Regards,

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
The threat was to ruin his marriage, not explicitly to physically harm his wife. He does not know, like we know, that the Secret Service guy is a homicidal psycho yet, just a creepy blackmailer.

Regards,

Marc Bax

Second Unit
Ludicrous? For sure. Entertaining? 100 percent.

I'm not sure exactly how to describe it but I just love the feel to this show. Something in Michael's eyes just seems a bit off like he truly is a caged animal with nothing left to lose. Also they aren't really pulling any punches when it comes to violence still, a very good thing for a show of this nature.

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
tonight's episode was probably the most intense hour of television that i've seen

24 is fluff compared to this show..

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This show is flat-out just fun to watch. You know a show is entertaining when you're shocked that the episode is over, and it felt like it was just getting started. I'll be back next week.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
WOW! That just rocked! Best episode to date.

I bet they'll have a good cliffhanger next week before the baseball hiatus.

Rakesh.S

Second Unit

Fortunately, it's only a 2 week break, and then we're back for 6 straight episodes to conclude the 1st season.

Who watches baseball anyway? It's worse than watching paint dry.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
"AT-TI-CA! AT-TI-CA!"

WHEW! I just finished tonights ep and my palms are still sweating! :eek:

Now THAT was awesome television! :emoji_thumbsup:

Like you, Patrick, I lost track of the time and expected it to keep going, I wanted to see Michael rescue the good doctor from those inhuman animals trying to break in.

One more thing, the cat had better live.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> Fortunately, it's only a 2 week break, and then we're back for 6 straight episodes to conclude the 1st season.

The season only has about 12 episodes? What is this- HBO?

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Great episode - tension is really building. It's hard to tell where it's going to go from here, surely they can't be ready for the escape yet.

I'm not sure why Michael found it necessary to trace the entire devil tattoo rather than just mark the key drilling points on the paper, it would have surely taken a lot less time. That's TV for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks