What's new

Prison Break ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Personally, I was thinking that

speculation

he's gonna make it look like he's broken out the prison but actually still be hiding somewhere in the prison. His cell mate will be able to help him, Peter Stormare will be able to set up the plane, and maybe the lady doctor will give him some assistance too. Then later, he will break out his brother and they will be on the run. Robin Tunney will get evidence of the conspiracy and the wimpy secret service guy will turn on the evil secret service guy bevcause the evil guy will threaten the wimpy guy's family. Eventually, the Prison Break guy and his brother will uncover the conspiracy, clear his name, and get the dirt on the old lady on the phone.

Needless to say, I don't think all of that will occur in one episode. :)

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator
I say the previews are all from a dream.

Once they break out, my guess is the show will come to a screeching halt and get yanked off the Tivo. Hopefully I'm wrong.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
talking about dreams, did ANYONE actually think that the older brother was really being rushed into the chair in the beginning of the last episode? it was obvious it was a dream, and once you realize it about 5-20 seconds into it, the rest of the 2 minute sequence was just tedious and you're saying 'get this over with and wake up already'.

from a storyteller standpoint, they could've shortened it to like a 30 second dream (just to let the viewer know he has such dreams for character's sake), or attempt to make it look convincing (which i'm not sure can be pulled off)

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> did ANYONE actually think that the older brother was really being rushed into the chair in the beginning of the last episode?

Yes, some guy in Des Moines did.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I guess I'm that guy in Des Moines. ;) I thought it was a sadistic prank by the head guard. Obviously, even I knew it wasn't real when they actually started to turn it on. :)

I watched episodes 1 - 4 in a row last friday, wow what a completely unbelievable and stupid show this is! :D But it's pretty entertaining, so I'll keep watching...

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i thought the doctor was the one that was going to stop the transfer. guess not.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
This show has fizzled out for me. The show has a major failing where the main character in his efforts to free his brother is going to end up hurting other people to do so.

This kills any sympathy I have for him and the unjust imprisonment of his brother.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> The show has a major failing where the main character in his efforts to free his brother is going to end up hurting other people to do so.

Yeah, I guess he should just let his innocent brother be executed, and do nothing. :angry:

Who is he hurting?

The promo for this episode was one of the most misleading ever. Good job!

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
He's already hurt and manipulated Sucre by getting his conjugal visits taken away, and also causing him to miss his weekly calls to his girlfriend and driving her to Hector. Now he foolishly want to escape too.

Warden Pope changing his mind on the transfer wasn't too believable, even though it was predictable. He or his wife are going to feel the wrath of the Secret Service baddies soon enough.

But I'll keep watching for a while, even though it's starting to get ludicrous.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Two wrongs do not make a right. For all intents and purposes he is a vigilante.

Fixed for grammar!

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Isn't it just stupid that Michael felt the need to tattoo EVERY piece of information about his escape on his body? He couldn't just memorize his plan?

The Cute Poison thing was a mnemonic device as it was, couldn't he just remember it?

And the names of the streets. There were only three of em. Too hard to memorize? How's he going to remember which one to escape down if he doesn't get the street name tattoo circled with a new tattoo? How does he even remember what to do next?

His memory is so bad it's as if getting tattooed turned him into the guy from Memento.

Michael_EC

Stunt Coordinator
I agree about the tattoo plot device. It's already wearing really thin on me. What purpose did the tattoo of the bolt size do, when the bolt was right next to him in the cell? And what was he looking at on the tattoos last night when he was inside the wall ("And the roof would be? Ah yes, straight up")? It feels like a formula already to me and it's still awfully early.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> He's already hurt and manipulated Sucre by getting his conjugal visits taken away, and also causing him to miss his weekly calls to his girlfriend and driving her to Hector.

Conjugal visits & phone calls vs. an innocent brother's execution. Yeah, I can see how you'd equate those.

Why even question the plausibility of the storyline? Please name some crime-related shows that are realistic. (Cops doesn't count.) Personally I'm glad the premise of prison escapes is a stretch, although it does happen.

Anyone heard any behind-the-scenes info on the tattoos? I'm curious how much time the actor spends in makeup for that, assuming he didn't really get tattooed.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
That blood is on the hands of the "Secret Service" agent that shot her. After all, his partner was thinking about not doing it. Maybe at some point, the conspiracy goes too far, and you decide you can't take it any further. Sometimes you have to force the issue. The alternative is letting criminals win in a walk.

I'm wondering if the warden has any juice to figure out who these "Secret Service" guys are, since they were so up-front about blackmailing him. Seems like a dumb move.

Since the doctor started asking about whatshisname's family, I also thought that she was going to ask him about his brother's diabetes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks