Printing digital camera pictures quickly

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dwight Amato, Oct 8, 2002.

1. Dwight Amato

Dwight Amato Stunt Coordinator

Ok, it is late Tuesday night, and I have around 80 photos that I would really, really like to have for a party on Saturday. I uploaded the photo's to Walmart, but I am not sure if I should have them print them and I will pick them up at the store, or just burn it to a CD and take that locally. According to walmart.com, it can take up to 3 days to process. Is this the same locally? What should I do?

2. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    The absolute fastest way would really be to buy a decent inkjet printer and paper and do it yourself. At least you'll be sure to have it by saturday..

I think it would be faster if you burn it to CD and take it locally. At least you wont have to deal with shipping times, be that the post office or whatnot.

Aren't there Kodak printing stations around that will print from a CD-ROM right then and there??? I very vaguely recall something like that from someplace. Either way, I suggest finding a local shop, maybe even a small photo place as you would have more control over it and a small photo place might even bend over more backwards for you than a walmart even though it might be a littly more money.

Jay

3. Scott Dautel

Scott Dautel Second Unit

Last weekend I was at Target (weren't we all). I seem to recall seeing some new signs up at their 1-hr photo center indicating that they do digital. Check ot the Target Photo website. I bet they can take a CD and make prints in 1 hour for about $0.50 per print; but I would call 1st.

4. Andrew W

Andrew W Supporting Actor

Costco can get them out in about an hour. I just dump them on a CD at 300ppi. They have a Fuji Frontier machine which makes easy work of it. 4x6" prints are $0.20.