Printing covers for Keep cases

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeremy_Z, Nov 24, 2001.

1. Jeremy_Z

Jeremy_Z Agent

I recently got a scan for the BMW dvd from this site and have had trouble getting the size of the image to be large enough for a keep case when printed. I have an HP Deskjet 712C and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to make the image fit. Thanks.

2. Tom-G

Tom-G Screenwriter

Tom G
    Jeremy, the best thing you can do is try to obtain Photoshop. I encountered similar difficulties and after I installed Photoshop, I found that I could set the size of the image to exactly match the dimensions of DVD inserts.

3. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

While Photoshop will definately do this it is a little spendy for most people. Paint Shop Pro from Jasc will do almost everything that Photoshop will for around $70 instead of around $600. For what you want to do PSP will work just as well as PS.

4. PS Nystrom

PS Nystrom Second Unit

A similar question: I'm using Apple's iDVD to create my own home movie DVDs. I just purchased some keep cases to store them in, but don't know where to start for creating box art. Is there a software app that has a template for doing this? I'm hoping for something along the lines of creating art for jewel cases and so on. I do have Photoshop if that helps... Thanks for the suggestions,

Pieter

5. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

Check this site: DVD Cover Art. It will provide the templates & a help guide & actual art downloads, and a forum for asking questions. [​IMG]

6. PS Nystrom

PS Nystrom Second Unit

Well I'll be. That site is perfect. Thank you, Jeff.

Pieter