What's new

printer/scan/fax/copiers? (1 Viewer)

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
I'm putting together my home office. Just got DSL (wheeeee!). Need a new printer. I'm thinking one of those all-in-one printer/flatbed copier/scanner and FAX machines. I have seen them in all prices, $150 (a LexMark inkjet at Best Buy) to $700 (an HP laser version at CompUSA).

Does anyone have one of these? Any opinions on this?

I saw the thread about costly inkject cartridges, so I know that's a concern. But I am wondering about the all-in-one thing. Good tech? Or "jack of all trades, master of none"?

Thanks for your input!

MC

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
I have an HP. I cannot remember the name of it, but I think it is an All In One 6110xi. I got it at Sam's club a few years ago for about $200 I think. It does printing, faxing, copying and scanning and also has an automatic document feeder. It has been great so far.

After checking HP's website, it looks like the OfficeJet 6200 is the new version of the one I have. The laser printer version does sound nice, though.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
There have been good reports about the HP 6210 (Reg 299) which can be had at Office Max for net 179 (199 plus 20 Gift Card).

The Canon Multipass 390 has gotten a lot of good reviews. The ink cartridges for Canon are small, but very cheap relative to HP branded ink. I've seen this unit for as little as 99 around Christmas.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i'm using the hp wireless multi-function psc 2510.

i'm very happy with it. i was worried, like you said, about the "jack of all trades, master of none" issue, but it does everything quite well.

print quality is on par with any of my previous inkjet printers, it scans and copies my documents quite clearly, and works just fine as a fax machine. it has all the sdmi card inputs right in the front, a flip-up lcd screen, etc. plus, it's wireless, so you can connect any pc in your home (that's already setup wireless) to print to this pc.

Users who are viewing this thread