Princess Mononoke R2 PAL no Japanese language track?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by richard plumb, Aug 14, 2001.

1. richard plumb

richard plumb Stunt Coordinator

I heard this on another website a couple of days ago, and I'd like to ask if this has been confirmed, or if anyone else knows of it?
    If true, it would make even less sense than no Japanese language track on the US release:
    1) Not many Japanese will be able to play PAL discs on their equipment, so importing is unlikely.
    2) Even if they could, they would have imported the US R1 release by now.
    3) The Japanese R2 release is almost at the same time.
    4) The R2 UK version is being released with a book about Miyazaki's work. So it is clearly being targetted at enthusiasts, who will expect the original language.
    5) We can easily import the R1 version if the R2 version isn't up to snuff. Those of us waiting patiently for R2 won't bother next time.

2. Vincent Matis

Vincent Matis Second Unit

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

You're going to have to picket and raise a stink I'm afraid. Unfortunately the UK anime market, forgive the term, "sucks ass", and frequently they will not include the Japanese track. My suggestion is to get as many people as possible together and raise a stink, as well as sending a personal letter to BVHE-Europe telling them where they can stick it
    Jeff Kleist

4. Vincent Matis

Vincent Matis Second Unit