What's new

Princess Bride: Special Edition (1 Viewer)

Veli-Matti Reitti

Stunt Coordinator
I been thinking about buying the SE of Princess Bride. Is the new version worth spending the extra money?

Besides for the anamorphic transfer what else is better about the new version? I've heard that the making of documentary pretty much sucks.

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
No, what sucks is the original non-anamorphic, no extras release. The SE is definitely worth the money, IMO.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I very much liked the the "As You Wish" making-of documentary and the commentaries are very good as well.

Regards,

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Wal-Mart has the SE for $14.44 (Romeo & Juliet SE, too), so the extra money for a better version is fairly minimal.

Max Knight

Supporting Actor
The special edition is worth it for the anamorphic transfer alone. I really enjoyed the documentary as well!

Rich Stone

Stunt Coordinator
Malcom,

Walmart has the SE for 14.44???? Is this a local sale that your store is running? I thought Walmarts regular price on this title is something around $20.00. Just wondering if I need to make a quick trip - haven't been able to find this title for less than $20 anywhere.

Thanks,

Rich

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I think it's national, as it's in their $14.44 budget rack that sits out in the aisles in most stores. Price sticker indicated it was repriced on April 1. Believe me, I checked, rechecked, and triple-checked to make sure it was the SE. :)

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
The SE is WELL WORTH the upgrade. The documentaries are well done, and the new transfer is significantly better than the old.

Guy Martin

Second Unit
Not to mention two really excellent commentaries. One with Rob Reiner and one with William Goldman!

- Guy

Kurt N

Stunt Coordinator
How convenient that I'm going to Wal-Mart in about an hour. Guess I know what I'll be watching in the early morning hours.

Veli-Matti Reitti

Stunt Coordinator
At wal-mart's homepage(www.wal-mart.com) the Princess Bride is $22.58. I guess we are not talkning about the same wal-mart. I dont even have clue what wal-mart is since i am from Finland. Anyway you have succeded in convinced me that i should buy the SE version of the movie and therefor i am going to do so. Thanks!

Rich Stone

Stunt Coordinator
Checked out Walmart's pricing this morning. Yes they do have Princess Bride for $14.44, but alas, it is NOT the SE.:angry:
The SE is $21 and some change. Oh well it was nice to hope. If anyone knows where the SE is available for under $20 shipped (or brick and mortar) please pass it along.
Rich

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks