What's new

Prince of Persia GC help (1 Viewer)

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I've just started Prince of Persia for GC, and am having MAJOR problems wall jumping up the statue. I can launch myself once, occasionally twice, but I just cannot ping pong myself up the statue. I've tried hitting "A" quickly, and I've tried waiting until I'm well landed. I've also tried a wire controller and a wavebird, to no effect. What am I doing wrong?

I am using the control stick to push to opposing walls.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member

Theres your problem right there. You dont have to push the direction, you only have to hit the button at the correct time. Its all timing. As soon as the prince touches the wall tap the button and follow that same rhythm all the way up. You'll reach the top in no time.

Dean Kousoulas

Second Unit
I'd have to admit that the wall jumping gave me some problems on the X-Box version as well. Just gotta learn to time the jumps correctly.

Dean

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Ditto. Likewise make sure it's the only button you press (I kept holding the R trigger to run up the side and it wasn't accepting the A command). Looks really cool when it works though.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Thanks. I'll give this a try tonight. I hate getting frustrated so early in a game. I'd thought I'd tried just pressing "A" but it's possible I hadn't let off R properly.

DonaldB

Supporting Actor
Your frustration is only just beginning, John. Be prepared for mind-numbingly tedious battles that seem to go on forever, the monotony of which is only broken up by the most simplistic puzzles and traps that take only a few seconds to figure out.

15-second to 2-minute puzzle -> 15-20 minute fight around the next corner -> simplistic trap eluded, let's head round the next corner to -> hack and slash for half an hour -> puzzle, bang-zoom, solved -> fight, fight, fight, try to save moronic Farrah, who enjoys standing in one spot while she gets pummelled -> *sneeze*, whoah, you just missed (yet still solved) a puzzle, you smart monkey! -> here, let's compensate you with some fighting (ooh, you can go Matrix-slow, ain't that cool?) -> aw, heck, let's skip putting a trap here and just get on with the next fight.

I did not enjoy this game.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
Tell us how you really feel, Donald. :)

(conversely, this was my favorite game of 2003 -- I loved everything about it from beginning to end)

To stay on-topic, ahem, I must say that I had no trouble wall-jumping with the PS2 version of the game. It definitely comes into play in a major way later in the game, especially towards the end.

s!

DonaldB

Supporting Actor
It relates in a painfully obvious way: John expresses frustration over a spot early in the game, I give him a heads up that it's not the only source of frustration he can expect.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
yeah, that statue was a bear. it took me a *long* time to figure out all i had to do was press the X button. :rolleyes::D it is a skill you will definitely need later on too.

this game is great...it's the first game i've played all the way through in quite some time.

btw - when you get to the end and finish (ps2 version) i thought it was supposed to unlock the original pop. but when i go to my menu, it's still greyed out. any ideas on that?

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
:rolleyes

ANYway...

Hi Ted! I thought the same thing. I will tell you how to unlock it, because it's not something I would have EVER guessed.

But I'm going to put a SPOILER tag on it. (fair warning)

About 33% through the game you'll find your first sword upgrade in the public baths. After you get the sword, you strike open a wall in the baths and open the way to the "old castle ruins" underneath the main castle. When the prince begins narrating about the "old" palace under the new (i don't remember his exact words, but you'll be walking in a hallway that goes downward) ... you're almost there. at the bottom is a small room with a lever that you can turn clockwise to open a sealed door. Do NOT open this door yet. One of the walls in this room (which shows few indictations of being breakable) you must break through with your sword. And that's all there is to it!

~s

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
ack! thx steve, guess that'll give me an excuse to play it again. wheeeee!

i do have the cheat code (for at beginning of game on the balcony), but i was hoping i wouldn't have to input it everytime.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, guys. I tried it again, and I've moved forward in the game. I was really concerned there were GCN controller issues. I'd picked that version over PS2 for graphical reasons.

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Well i found later on in the game that when you slow down time and do the wall jumping that the best time to hit the jump button is just as your lead leg hits the weall

James T

Screenwriter
thanks for the walkthrough on unlocking the original POP, Steve. I actually just got to that part today(yesterday I was just about to get the sword upgrade when I read your post).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks